Hello and welcome to the new Shine Intranet - we'll be using the intranet to keep each other updated on what's going on within the organisation, to discuss and share opinions in the comments as well as provide valuable resources for staff and volunteers.
Since this is all new, we thought we should go over the basics. If you have any questions or queries please use the comment section at the bottom of this post and we can help each other understand and build a better intranet.
You're able to edit your biography and office location - these will help your colleagues find you, and for you to find them. You can also change your username and password if you wish - by default they're the same as the one you use to login to the office network.
- Click on the My Profile button at the top of the page.
- Change your details as needed, add a quick bio so everyone knows who you are.
- Hit Save - that's it all updated.
We've built a directory of Shine staff so that you can find phone numbers, locations and email addresses.
- Click on the Staff button on the main menu.
- Either use the list to find who you're looking for or enter your colleague's name to find their profile.
- Your search should return information about the requested colleague, including their contact details and bio.
At the bottom of each article you can leave a comment and we want to encourage debate and discussion between our staff. If you have any more information or opinions on an article let it be known and help each other out a little.
- You can reply directly to an article or a as child of an existing comment.
- Your comment needs a Subject and the body of the comment.
- You can use the formatting buttons at the top of the text box to enter links, lists or text formatting.
- The author you're replying to will receive an email notification each time a new top-level comment is left.
- You can adjust your email notifications by editing your profile or by ticking/unticking the box when you leave a comment.
- Start by clicking on the write article button and giving your article a title.
- Add topics to the article by separating them with a comma - it'll try to autofill your topic.
- Write in the body of the article - you can include links, lists and text formatting.
- To add an image you need to upload the image and then click insert to add it within the body - you can add upload as many images as you want to a post.
- Adding a file to be attached to the article is as easy as clicking browse in the file field and uploading it. You can add as many files as you need, they're displayed below the article. For security reasons, it's best to avoid uploading any files that house important private or personal information.
- Once you're happy, hit save to publish the article.
If you have any questions or queries please leave a comment below - if you have any answers for your colleagues regarding the site please reply to their comments, we want there to be discussion and conversation.